transformational leadership: module two
True self-awareness brings choices in thinking and subsequent behaviours. No quality or characteristic is more important than trust. Trust is the foundation for building a team.
Any team that wants to maximise its effectiveness needs to learn to have productive, passionate debate about issues of importance to the team. If team members are not making one another uncomfortable at times, if they’re never pushing one another outside of their emotional comfort zones during discussions, then it is extremely likely that they’re not making the best decisions for the organisation.
Commitment requires clarity and buy-in. Buy-in does not require consensus. Members of great teams learn to disagree with one another and still commit to a decision.
When it comes to teamwork, accountability is the willingness of team members to remind one another when they are not living up to the standards of the group. It means that team members have to be willing to call each other on behavioural issues, as uncomfortable as that might be.
Even when a team has overcome each of the dysfunctions we’ve addressed so far, there is still a chance that it will lose sight of the ultimate measure of a great team: results. We need to keep collective results in the forefront of our minds.
- Understand the expectations for a cohesive team, based on The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model
- Have an understanding of the degree to which the team meets the expectations
- Develop an action plan for improving teamwork
- Practice a series of group exercises that help to build trust in a team
- Take steps towards building trust
- Understand your conflict profile
- Agree on the conflict norms for your team
- Understand what the barriers are to healthy conflict in a team
- Practice using the Conflict Resolution Model
- Practice strategies for handling conflict
- Know how to ‘go mining’ for conflict in team meetings
- Practice the Commitment Clarification Technique
- A method for agreeing on cascading communication
Get this programme:
For more information please contact us.
Length of Programme:2 days
What attendees say:
Please get in touch for more information
0333 101 4350